Galloway 100 – 7th May
Join us on the inaugural Galloway 100, Classic Car Assembly – a car run through our region, suitable for any road legal vehicle (both classics and modern).
▪ Start: Ernespie Farm Centre, Old Military Road, Castle Douglas, DG7 3JG (NX 777 638) @ 09.30 for 10.00 departure
▪ Lunch Halt: Kirroughtree Visitor Centre, near Newton Stewart, DG8 7BE (NX 451 648) @ approx. 12.30-14.00
▪ Finish: Ernespie Farm Centre, Old Military Road, Castle Douglas, DG7 3JG (NX 777 638) @ 15.30 (approx.)
▪ Cost is £10pp which includes lunch, Souvenir Rally Plate and all printed Paperwork.
▪ Open to members and non-members.
▪ Organised by the Robertson cousins, Stewart & Nick.
▪ 23 entries now received. Thank you for your support. Entries are now closed.
▪ Some instructions and tips to read ahead of Sunday’s event were emailed on 04.05.23. Please contact email@example.com if you have not received.
About 100 miles measured on a normal vehicle trip meter and is defined by Tulip Diagrams and intermediate distances to 1/10th of a mile. It includes A, B and unclassified roads, however the majority of the mileage is on unclassified (yellow) roads. Only a couple of steep narrow hills and one Ford. The route has been designed around a <30mph average so take your time and enjoy the views. Remember it’s not a timed trial.
Fuel & Toilets:
The route passes a few major towns/village and there will be plenty of fuel stations and public toilets, which are just a short diversion from the route.
Food & Drink:
Food and Drink will be available to purchase at Ernespie Farm Centre after the event. We are grateful the owners are allowing us to use Ernespie Farm as start and finish venue free of charge, so please return their kindness by supporting them and buying something on the day or coming back some other time. Lunch at Kirroughtree is included in the entry fee and will comprise of Soup, Sandwich and a hot Drink, between 12:30 and 14:00.
Please leave 200m between you and the vehicle in front especially on narrower sections of road, don’t form convoys and please use passing places to allow just that. If another road user catches you up please allow them to pass at the earliest opportunity, their need might be much greater than yours. On a Sunday some of the roads will likely be popular with cyclists walkers and horse riders please be prepared to meet them in unexpected places take your time and give them space. Finally: have a nice day, take your time to enjoy the roads and views.
If you wish to tow your car to and from the event, we can offer a Trailer Park at a secure location in Abercromby Industrial Estate, Castle Douglas, DG7 1LH. This is approximately 2.5 miles from the Start/Finish venue. Please do not take trailers to Ernespie Farm Park as there is not space. Should you wish to use this Trailer Park, please contact Kirsty Riddick on 07812 851125 / firstname.lastname@example.org to be sent more details.